In July we had our first themed Stamp Camp – Red, White & Blue. All of our cards were done in red, white, and blue. Plus our attendees received extra entries into our drawing for prizes if they wore red, white, and blue. It was a lot of fun and I think it helped us to focus in on card designs.
We always try to teach a new technique at our Stamp Camps. At this stamp camp we showed them how to do a shaker card and make a 3D paper frame. Our BFFs really loved the shaker card! The paper frame offered some challenges, but we were able to create some beautiful home decor pieces for the 4th of July!
Below are our 3 cards! I just loved doing this theme! It’s awesome that Red, White & Blue can be so versatile and fun.
Flag Home Decor
The tutorial for the shadowbox is here. Thank you to Jan Brown out of the UK for the great tutorial!
Below are the supplies we used to make these 3 great projects! You too can make some awesome Red, White & Blue projects. If you do post pictures in the comments!
Happy Stamping! Lisa & Jenn, Your BFFs!
This past Saturday we had another of our BFF Monthly Stamp Camps! Our next one is schedule for May 7. Here are the 3 cards we made and the supply list for each card.
The Mother’s Day Card is absolutely beautiful and while it looks complicated was relatively simple! We used 5 sets to create this card – however you can do it with less:
- Hardwood – for the background
- A Nice Cuppa – for the “Worlds Best Mother”
- What I Love (SAB) – for the flowers and leaves
- Rose Wonder – for the sentiment on the last panel
- Birthday Blooms – for the “for YOU” on the box band
The top of it was made using a retired SU boarder punch called “Scallop Trim”, however I’ve listed “Confetti Hearts Boarder” punch that can be substituted and look just as great!
Basic Card Instructions:
- 8 1/2 x 11 cut in half long way at 4 1/4
- Score at 2 3/4, move that score line down to 2 3/4 and score again, repeat 2 more times – gives you the 4 panels
- Use the “Decorative Label” punch to make the bottom feet – punch half way up the label in the middle of each panel
- Use a boarder punch of your choice across the top (we used Scallop Trip – retired)
Mothers Day Card
Envelope Box Instructions:
- Start with a 7 5/8 x 7 5/8 piece of card stock
- Using the Envelop Punch Board, punch and score at 2 3/4 and 3 1/4, turn and repeat on each side
- The band is 2 pieces of card stock cut at 7 x 1 – attach pieces together and measure around the box
Our next card is a very cute kid’s birthday card using the “No Bones About It” stamp set. Gotta love ya some dinosaurs!
Kid’s Birthday Card
Finally we have another birthday card using 2 stamp sets: Perfect Pairings (SAB) and Gorgeous Grunge. This is a very versatile card that can be made very simply with just the stamps and card stock, or dressed up as we have it with background stamps, DSP, bakers twine and punch embellishments! Oh, this card is totally CASED from our Stampin Success Magazine!
Happy Birthday Card